Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Who Is Jesus?

Luke 2:11
to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord.

Who are you, really? Personally I wear several different hats. To my wife I’m a husband. To our children I am a father. To those who attend Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, I am a pastor. By the grace of God I am all three of these things and many more.

Jesus, according to the angel, was Savior, Messiah, and Lord. We all need saved from something, so we need a Savior. We are all drawn to someone who is truly anointed, and so knowing the Messiah (which means the anointed one) is as good as it gets. And for all our talk about wanting to be captain of our own ship and all the rest, well, truth be told, if there were simply someone else that we could trust truly had the world’s best interests at heart, well, we’d be glad to proclaim him or her Lord.

In Jesus the shepherds found their Savior, Messiah, and Lord. He was all that they could ever ask for. Born in their day, in their nearby town, and coming soon to a theater of life near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment