Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Helpful Confinement

Scripture Verses that Caught My Attention Today: Acts 26:31-32 and as they were leaving, they said to one another, “This man is doing nothing to deserve death or imprisonment.” 32 Agrippa said to Festus, “This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to the emperor.”

Observation: Sometimes there are forms of confinement that actually keep us safe.

Application: When I was in elementary school I had an assigned seat on the bus—right behind the driver! Part of the reason I was there was because I was often getting in trouble on the bus. But the other reason I was there was more or less for my own protection. There was a fair amount of fighting and bullying on our bus and sometimes I bore the brunt of it. So although I complained regularly about having to sit up there, inside I realized that it was actually a good thing.

Though Paul in the passage above had done no wrong, had he been released he more than likely would have been killed by those who were after him. His time in prison actually protected him. It also gave him opportunity to write several of the New Testament Books that we still hold dear today.

Prayer: Lord, help us to see each situation in our life as an opportunity to be of service to you and to serve as an example of the kind of people that trust in you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

(Readings today included: Job 17 and Acts 24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment