Monday, August 1, 2011

This morning's workout and why the day started off well.

Yesterday while the kids were at a swim-team party I sat outside with my laptop and looked at the next couple of weeks in the calendar. I also compared that to my growing 'to-do' list. One of the things on my 'to-do' list is a host of things under the heading of "summer planning." These are things that I wanted to give some serious though too during the summer. Most of them are related to church.

Anyhow, in looking at the calendar last night I realized that today would be the first day of August and that there wasn't much 'summer' left!

Yikes! Time to kick it into a higher gear!

So I mapped out today as a planning day. I went to bed early at 10:40 so that I could get a good night's sleep (which was going great until the dream about losing my glasses, which got rather tense), get up at 6:40, and jump right into the following morning routine:

Drink big glass of cold water, pour flax seed and milk on my rolled oats and raisins, exercise, and morning devotions.

Speaking of exercise, mine was good but probably a piece of cake compared to our boys who started football 2-a-days today. Anyhow, here's the workout.

Warm-up

Set 1: Neutral-grip pull-ups. Vertical jumps with knee-ups, Bench presses. Rest 1 min. Repeat.

Set 2: Kettle-bell swings (with dumbbell), Lying hip extensions. Rest 1 min. Repeat.

Set 3: Bulgarian Split Squats (really focused on form today), Pikes with feet on skateboard. Rest, repeat.

Set 4: Bent-over Dumbbell rows. Rest, repeat.

Set 5: Dumbbell overhead presses. Rest, repeat.

That was it. Went straight from there to devotions and now this note. Next up is a good shower, smoothie, fix lunch/dinner to take with me, and then I'll be off to run an errand or two and then into the big planning day till 7:00 tonight when I need to attend a function with one of our kids.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment