Monday, February 27, 2012

getting back into the swing of things

The last few weeks have been a challenge exercise-wise. The combination of schedule, messed up sleeping patterns and feeling under the weather played havoc with my normal routine and sense of energy for exercise.

Thankfully I found ways to keep eating healthy during that period, which was a big plus. Was even able to avoid needing to take any medication for the flu-like symptoms I had for a couple days.

At any rate, now it's time to get back into the routine. I started slowly last week by simply doing my warm-up routine on two separate days. The walking lunges from the first day actually made me sore. That's okay. Just waited an extra day before repeating the routine.

This morning was a moderate 'normal' workout to further ease back into things. It went like this:

Warm-up followed by:

Set 1:
Neutral grip pull-ups
Light Barbell Squats
1-leg push-ups.
Rest, repeat.

Set 2:
1-leg stability ball curls
dumbbell overhead presses
rest, repeat.

Set 3:
Ab-wheel roll-outs
cross-body mountain climbers.
Rest, repeat, done.

No comments:

Post a Comment