Monday, January 16, 2012

Today's Exercise Tip and Workout

If you're not sure if you're up to doing a workout on any given day, at least commit to a warm-up. Often time the warm-up will lead to renewed energy.

Today, due to the nature of the week's schedule, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the full workout today or tomorrow (and then every other day thereafter). But I knew I wanted to do a warm-up routine either way because it only takes a few minutes and I always feel better after stretching out and getting the blood pumping a little bit. Sure enough, by the time the warm-up was done I was energized to do the workout I came up with below.

Set 1:
Front Barbel Squat and overhead press combo (with 70# and 12 reps)
One-leg push-ups (10/side)
rest 30 seconds, repeat (only got 10 of the squat/press combos this time)

Set 2:
1 leg stability ball curls (15/leg)
Dumbbell split squats (10/leg while holding 2-25# dumbbells)
rest 30 seconds, repeat)

Set 3:
Cross-body mountain climbers (50)
Bent-over Dumbbell Inverted Rows (15)
Rest 30 seconds, repeat

Set 4:
Ab-Wheel Roll-outs (10)
Bent-over side deltoid raises with dumbbells (10)
Rest 30 seconds, repeat.

Set 5:
5 rounds of 30-seconds of jump-roping (with 20 seconds rest between rounds)
Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment