Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Exercise Tip: Dealing with Seasons of Life

It happens. We have seasons of impressive physical activity and/or diet and then, well, things change. We get out of a routine, life gets especially hectic, and we might fall off the bandwagon for a time. What then?

Here a tip.

If you fall off the proverbial wagon, don't just lay there, at least keep walking.

For example, my exercise activity over the last couple of months has not been very consistent at all.

For a while there was an injury of some sort that I was nursing (I've long since forgotten what was even hurting), then there were a bunch of short nights followed by abnormal morning scheduling and it just seemed like the regular routine was just all messed up.

But rather than doing nothing I at least did something--I'd squeeze in some stretching here and there, a partial workout here and there, and I kept eating relatively healthy. I'd also walk up the lane to do the chores rather than drive. Little things that, when taken together, helped keep me from becoming a physical wreck during that season of life until a more predictable and manageable season finally came along.

No comments:

Post a Comment