Friday, July 6, 2012

Exercise While You Water Your Shrubs

The other day I was personally lamenting that it takes quite a bit of time to water our shrubs and flowers out front, our tomatoes along the side of the house, and the small garden out back. You know the drill...put hose on plant, wait a few minutes, then move on to next plant. Rinse and repeat.

But this morning I multi-tasked. I put the hose on a plant, did an exercise, then moved to the next plant and did another exercise or two. It allowed for the perfect amount of rest between exercises and/or sets and allowed me (with no offense intended to animal lovers) to kill two birds with one stone.

Incidentally, I even used some stones from the landscaping to mimic dumbbells for a couple of the exercises. I also used the frame of the hammock in the tree for inverted rows.

Be creative--replenish your plants and your body at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment