Friday, November 16, 2012

Nutrition Tip from the Clearance Rack

Yesterday I slipped into Alde's (a discount grocery chain in our area) to grab a few vegetables. On my way out I glanced, as I often do, at the clearance rack. A couple things caught my interest:

--Chili-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
--Butternut Squash Spaghetti Sauce

Normally I probably wouldn't actually buy either of these items, but hey, they were really cheap!

Once home, my curiosity got the best of me and I just had to find a way to try em out. I ended up with this concoction in a skillet:

--chilli-infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
--fresh broccoli (diced small)
--fresh cauliflower (diced small)
--fresh mushrooms (sliced)

After I had sauteed the mixture nicely, I added a dose of the Butternut Squash Spaghetti Sauce and continued on medium heat until all was bubbly.

Quite good, albeit pretty spicy! Our 16 y/o son even came down from his room and wondered what in the world smelled so delicious!

Too late, however. By then it was all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment