Monday, May 16, 2011

Patience and Peace

Scripture Verse that caught my attention today: 1 Thessalonians 5:13b “Be at peace among yourselves.”

Observation: What does this mean? Within the context of the above passage there is the direction to respect those labor among us and have charge of us. There is also direction to admonish those who are idle, encourage those who are faint-hearted, help the weak and be patient with them all.

Application: I have the sense that patience and peace go together. Perhaps there can be no peace without patience and perhaps there can be no patience without peace.

The above is just a theory of mine at this point. Something I’ll be thinking about off and on throughout the day. Feel free to comment with your own thoughts.

Prayer: Lord, as I reflect on such things today, help me to glean your thoughts. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

(Readings today included: 1 Kings 1, 1 Chronicles 28, Psalm 91, and 1 Thessalonians 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment