Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cooking is Ridiculously Easy at Times

I had no idea what to make for a semi-quick lunch today. Twenty minutes later I was licking my chops out of satisfaction. The trick? Just using what was on hand.

Here's what was for lunch today...

--Coat a covered skillet with a light application of oil (I used coconut today).

While the electric stove heated up I prepared the following:
--Dice up a small yellow squash and half of a medium-sized zucchini.
--Dice up a red pepper
--Dice up a green pepper
--Dice up half of a cayenne pepper

Place above ingredients in skillet on medium heat along with 1/2 pound of browned hamburger (I had some in the freezer that just needed 30 seconds in the microwave to thaw out before adding to the skillet) for about 10 minutes.

While that was cooking I diced up two tomatoes and added them to the mixture. Five or so minutes later I added a light topping of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese.

Let simmer until cheese melts.

Eat and enjoy!

Notice that I didn't even add a single spice to this recipee. The Cayenne pepper gave it a little kick and the other flavors merged together quite nicely.

I'm looking forward to having the rest for supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment