Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Morning Eating

For me, even as a pastor, Sundays start out just like any other day: big glass of water first thing and then a breakfast bowl of raw quick-oats and milk topped with raisens and flax seeds, all of which were set out the night before (with the exception of the milk, of course) so I can just sit down and begin.

Before I leave home I might throw a few teaspoons of plain yogurt into a plastic container along with a 1/2 cup of almonds or walnuts plus a cup of berries--often frozen. I place the mixture on my desk so it's ready to eat right after the first service and before Sunday School. The berries have usually thawed by then and so it can all be mixed together and eaten easily with a spoon. Sometimes I even do so while taking off my vestments--bite of snack, remove stole, bit of snack, remove pectoral cross, etc.

It might sound a little crazy, but to me so does the idea of preaching about the Bread of Life before and while eating the Junk of Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment