Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Change-of-Pace Workout

I'm fasting today. Not for religious reasons but by the instruction of my doctor. It's time for my yearly physical and today I need to get some blood drawn for the related lab work. It's a 12-hour fast and I've just got a couple hours to go.

Still, that provided a little dilemma related to exercise. I wasn't sure I wanted to to all-out in terms of a work-out without my normal opportunity for breakfast.

Since yesterday's interval running went so well (18 seconds of sprinting at 3/4 speed followed by 27 seconds of rest), I decided to try that approach to resistance training.

So, I did each of the following exercises for 18 seconds with 27 seconds of rest before beginning the next exercise. It took 9 minutes and was really rather fun. If I were to do it again I might do the whole thing twice, but opted to stick with just one time through today, which was still a great workout.

Here's the exercise list that was begun after my warm-up:

--Vertical Jumps with knee-ups
--chin-ups with knee-ups
--Front barbell squats
--Spiderman pushups
--Pikes with feet on skateboard
--dumbbell inverted rows
--kettle-bell swings (using dumbbell)
--1-leg stability-ball curls
--Dumbbell Overhead Presses
--1-leg planks
--turkish get-ups.

That was it. I simply did each exercise for 18 seconds and then rested for 27 seconds before beginning the next exercise. My gymboss timer eliminated the need to pay attention to any watch and allowed me to simply listen for the next beep.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment