Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just had to share this...

I'm out of state at a conference but I just got a text...and then a call...from our 12 y/o daughter who had spent the day at the state fair for a 4-H demonstration contest. The text said:

"So...with my new CLOCK I just looked at the time!"

In Ohio that's code for "I just won a Clock Trophy" which is a clock given to the top winner in his or her respective category at the State Fair.

And just what was our daughter demonstrating?

HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHY SMOOTHIE!

Actually, the title of her demonstration was: "The Smoothie Way to Health."

With my wife's help she somehow lugged the Vitamix Blender, the Greek Yogurt, milk, almonds, frozen spinach and frozen fruit (I think she used blackberries, strawberries and 1/2 a banana, though I'm not completely sure) on the two-hour trip to the fair.

Once there she wowed the judges with her knowledge, finesse, winning smile and, of course, a deliciously healthy smoothie which the judges all tried and obviously loved.

Naturally I'm very proud of her and happy for her. What a nice piece of news to receive this evening!

And since a healthy smoothie was the subject of the demonstration, I couldn't resist the opportunity to share the news with you.

Can't wait to get back home this weekend and enjoy a deliciously healthy smoothie myself. You might want to try one too!

Blessings,
Kent


No comments:

Post a Comment