Thursday, August 2, 2012

Today's Workout




Today was a solid interval-training day on the grass in front of the Wyndam Grand Hotel in Pittsburgh. Simple but very effective.

First I warmed up and then switched into intervals of 24 seconds of intense exercise followed by 30 seconds of rest.

Did 10 rounds (after a 1-round light warm-up) of jumping rope (using the running-in-place style, which seems to be the only way I know how to jump rope)

So that would be 24 seconds of jumping rope followed by 30 seconds of rest before doing it all over again.

After the 10 rounds of jumping rope I did 8 rounds of 24-second runs (on grass) at at least 3/4 speed followed by 30 seconds of rest.

by the time I was done with that I was whipped! Great way to start the day! Gotta love summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment