Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Just Catching Up


Just before heading off to bed at a synod council retreat back in September I somewhat nervously invited the other synod council members to join me for one of my "9 Minutes-To-Fit" workouts the next morning at 6:45.

Keep in mind that even though I've been an exercise practitioner for years, I had never actually led anyone else in exercise before. So this was new ground for me.

Anyhow, the next morning six people showed up to see what it was all about, including our bishop and a member of the ELCA deployed staff.

"I sure hope this works." I thought to myself!

I didn't waste any time getting started cause I don't like to dilly-dally when it comes to exercise. I'm a let's-get-it-done-and-get-on-with-the-day kind a guy.

I explained the drill, pointed out the variations to consider depending on one's individual fitness level, started the timer and we were into it just like that.

They were really great and the work-out was a lot of fun. Later we took a snapshot of the group after we all had a chance to grab a shower. As you can see, they were great sports. I had posted the pic on Facebook some time ago, but I'm just getting around to posting it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment