Monday, April 2, 2012

Exercise Tip: Just getting after it

I didn't plan on taking one of our kids to school today, but I did. That meant the schedule suddenly changed and I was in that "make the best of it" kind of world. So here goes.

First I decided that it would only take a few minutes to go through my regular warm-up and that would feel good in an of itself.

Next I realized that, at the very least, I could go through one round of all the major muscle groups. And so that's what I did. After the warm-up the workout went like this:

Pull-ups
Front barbell-Squat/Overhead Press combo
Cross-body mountain-climbers
Ab-Wheel Roll-outs
Single Leg Stability Ball curls
Bent-over dumb-bell rows
Push-ups

The whole workout (including warm-up) was less than 15 minutes and probably closer to 10. But it got the heart pumping well and, better yet, gave the emotional boost that comes with the satisfaction of doing something rather than nothing.

I pray that you'll find a way to "get after it" today too, if you haven't already done so!

Until next time,
Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment