Friday, July 22, 2011

Nutrition Tip: Easy Lunch/Dinner

Here's what I threw together for my lunch and dinner today:
--Lightly coat casserole pan with butter or oil (I used light smearing of coconut oil)
Layer the following ingredients:
--Yellow Squash
--Zucchini Squash
--Diced tomato
--diced red pepper
--diced yellow pepper
--diced jalapeno pepper
--1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)

Add Black pepper, salt, and a little seasoning (I used a light sprinkling of Tone's Citrus Grill seasoning)
--Top with 3/4 cup shredded cheddar.
Bake covered for 35 minutes or until squash are desired texture.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious!

    What quantities of ingredients did you use? (assuming (1) of each)

    Approx. how many servings would this make?

    I'm anxious to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete