Sunday, July 3, 2011

PK's Crazy Delicious Nachos

I had a hankering for some nachos tonight, but with a little different flair and healthy-enough to make a meal out of them. Here's what I ended up with.

Here's the Impromptu Recipe:
Layer chips on plate
Saute Baby Portabella Mushrooms, 1 slice onion, 1 Serena Pepper (the store was out of jalapenos the other day but this worked fine), 1 diced roma tomato, and 1 stalk Bok Choy (the white of the stalk) in a little coconut oil. When about done, add the green leaf of the Bok Choy and simmer a minute or so more.

Layer fresh spinach on chips and add: pre-cooked (in my case left-over) pork tenderloin (1 lean slice cubed), the sauteed mixture from above, a few tablespoons of plain Greek Yogurt, and 1/3 cup shredded cheese.

Place in microwave for 1 minute until cheese melts nicely.

This baby was a meal! It was also kinda messy to eat, but really delicious, satisfying, and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. I got rid of my microwave when I learned what it can do to food molecules.

    ReplyDelete