Thursday, September 20, 2012

It can be as simple as this...

I usually designate Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays as my main resistance-training days, be it with strictly body-weight exercises or the inclusion of dumbbells and/or barbells. It's a combination strength and cardio training.

On, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I usually omit any use of weights and focus solely on a little cardio training, with the degree of intensity determined by how the mood strikes me.

Today's cardio was simple. I simply got on the exercise bike (which, incidentally, I haven't used in months) and just did 12 rounds of hard and fast pedaling for 18 seconds followed by 27 seconds of light and slow pedaling.

A mere nine minutes later I was done with my workout and feeling totally winded and triumphant all at the same time.

Those are three signs of my kind of workout.

Quick. Intense (but doable). Exhilarating.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment