Thursday, September 13, 2012

There's an App for That

Scripture Verses that Caught my attention today: Ezekiel 34:11-13 For thus says the Lord GOD: I myself will search for my sheep, and will seek them out. 12 As shepherds seek out their flocks when they are among their scattered sheep, so I will seek out my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places to which they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness.

Observation: God will find a way to do what we have been unable and/or unwilling to do.

Application: Shepherd imagery comes up periodically in the Scriptures. Ultimately we find that ‘the Lord is our Shepherd’ when we read the Psalms. Jesus calls himself the shepherd. Why? Perhaps because, when it comes to shepherding, human shepherds haven’t done such a great job.

Thankfully, as they say, “there’s an app for that!” Yes, the grace of God through Christ, when applied to our lives, cures a multitude of ailments including what might be one of the worst of them all, apathy for God’s other children—God’s other sheep that are still part of God’s fold.

Prayer:
Lord, help us to love and care for each other as you care for us. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

(Scripture Readings today included: Ezekiel 33-35 and Revelation 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment