Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Workouts

Was gone for the weekend to take our eldest to college and say good-bye as this new chapter in his life unfolds. The hotel had a small workout room with a few cardio machines and one weight machine, all right there in the lobby with big glass windows for the world to see in.

Not surprisingly, I chose to do my own thing, this time opting for a more private workout in a stairwell.

Just two exercises made up the entire workout (using my new 18 seconds of work followed by 27 seconds of rest routine), namely:

--Burpees
--Stairwell mountain-climbers (cross body for some and outside elbow for others)

Burpees are basically a push-up followed by bringing one's fee forward to for a vertical jump followed by another push-up. It's admittedly a more intense move than some would want to try. Usually I could get 5 burpees completed in 18 seconds.

I did 6 rounds of the circuit which made for a 9-minute workout.

As for this morning, I just did 12 rounds of jumping rope. Didn't even go real hard at it till the last 4 or 5 rounds. Was a short night after we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment