Monday, September 3, 2012

Thanksgiving

Scripture Verse that Caught my attention today: Psalm 111:1 Praise the LORD!
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart,
in the company of the upright, in the congregation.

Observation: Thanksgiving is a good way to start the day.

Application: Recently I’ve begun a practice of journaling down three things I’m thankful for near the beginning of the day, usually right after devotions. The thanksgivings that come to mind are for things big and small. Sometimes I think being thankful for little things is best. Simple pleasures or things that bring a smile to one’s face serve as gentle reminders that we are not our own but were bought with a price. Thanksgiving need not be limited to a holiday in November.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for the opportunity to be thankful. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

(Readings today included: Ezekiel 20-21, Psalm 111, and Revelation 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment